Thrive Media Names Octavia Bostick, VP West Coast Sales, PR/Media Relations
Public Relations professional and CEO of Ballyhoo PR, Octavia Bostick has been appointed the position of VP of West Coast Sales, PR/Media Relations for the brand management company Thrive Media.
Thrive Media is leading the way in brand creation, development, and management: and specialize in creating and managing brand value through digital media, creative advertising, and compelling market strategies.
With over 15 years experience as a PR professional, Octavia will bring forth exciting new creative concepts and campaigns to maximize the branding opportunities for Thrive Media’s multitude of brands.
“I’m thrilled to be working with such a creative group of experienced professionals whose priority is to build buzz worthy brand opportunities and produce amazing events to enhance client objectives. We have some amazing projects on the table and I look forward to thriving with my new team.” Read more…
BLACK ECONOMIC SUMMIT SLATED FOR MAY 31-JUNE 1, 2013 IN COLORADO; ECONOMIST DR. JULIANNE MALVEAUX TO KEYNOTE LUNCHEON
Denver, CO (BlackNews.com) — The Mountain Region Black Economic Summit has announced the 8th Annual MRBES Success Summit & Expo to be held on May 31 and June 1 at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. The theme is “Inform, Inspire, Imagine!”
The summit, which seeks to improve the economic standing of minority communities, is the only event of its kind in the mountain states. More than 750 people are expected to attend.
MRBES Executive Director Carla Ladd, who has forged unique collaborations for an information-packed summit, says, “We have booked highly-respected nonprofit and corporate professionals to facilitate a host of panels, workshops and seminars addressing topics from social media business etiquette to how to empower women for ministry.” Read more…
By Denene Millner
The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that Facebook is preparing a membership option for children under age 13—a new feature that would allow kids access to the social network with their parents’ permission and supervision. The kids’ accounts would be linked to their parents’ pages, allowing parents to control who their children add as friends and which apps they use.
Of course, a “Baby Facebook” would add, like, a bazillion more users to Facebook’s 900 million user base. And, of course, open the social media giant up to all kinds of advertising and marketing goodness in the lucrative children’s market. Read more…
By Torrance Stephens
I first signed up for Twitter in 2006. I used it rarely as a means of contacting other bloggers. I left it alone for a while because all I shared was what I read in newspapers and my blog post. I didn’t like it at the time because in order to do such, I had to copy and paste, and that was time consuming. At first I followed other bloggers, but as the social outlet evolved, I began to follow less people and more news sources, publications and outlets. I really got involved when the tweet meme became prevalent and more common, allowing me to share what I read, as I did initially without actually going on twitter just by clicking on a little green button.
Twitter is a valuable tool and fits into the premonitions proffered by Gil Scott Heron when he orated that “You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and skip, /Skip out for beer during commercials, /because the revolution will not be televised.” For if there is to be another revolution, we have already seen the impact social media like twitter can play. In Egypt for example findings from the newly released second edition of the Arab Social Media Report by the Dubai School of Government provided empirical data that Twitter as well as facebook “abetted if not enabled the historic region-wide uprisings of early 2011.” Not to forget that use of social networking sites assisted in helping activist organize and bring attention to efforts that eventually led to the destruction of decades of autocratic rule in Egypt and Tunisia and publicity to public malcontent pertaining to the regimes in Syria, Libya, Yemen and Bahrain. Read more…
by Cherese L. Jackson
An impression is an effect produced on the senses, mind or emotions. Something that denotes an engraved mark or figure. No matter who you are, you have at some point in time purchased products based on their brand; items such as clothing, sneakers, electronics and even food to name a few. In other words you have made decisions among competing brands while ultimately choosing some brands over others because of an impression even before an actual experience.
What does this all mean? As an individual, you must acknowledge that you are a brand. And who better to market your personal brand than you. This means that at the end of the day, the success of your personal brand lies in your hands.
Even though your appearance is a part of your impression it’s not the only thing, which matters. Your impression means your overall personality and it consists of the following:
- The way you carry yourself
- The way your dress
- The way you express yourself
- Your mannerism
- Your behavior Read more…
Who: Fiona Bloom
What: The Bloom Effect
Why: Wanted to fill a much needed void in Artist Development since there isn’t any— My agency offers several services. Like to call it a One Stop Shop.
Specialty and focus is Unsigned and Independent Artists as they’re the ones who really need the nurturing/guidance.
We provide PR both online and traditional
*Show Production/Bookings/Touring consultation
*Social Media Training
We help you BLOOM….
Where: Brooklyn, NY
When: Established Oct 15th, 2007 Read more…
Who: Cassandra Mack
What: Strategies for Empowered Living
Why: Strategies for Empowered Living Inc., is a New York based human development company created to help people succeed in their endeavors and grow to their fullest potential. Our mission is to motivate, encourage and inspire individuals to rise to their potential, succeed in spite of life’s challenges and shine their light of influence and impact in their own unique way. We do four things: 1.) Create publications and products that inspire growth and help people create the change that they are seeking. 2.) Produce and participate in personal and professional development workshops, seminars and other empowering events designed to help individuals and organizations get from where they are to where they want to be. 3.)Offer coaching programs that help people reach their goals in a more targeted, authentic and accelerated way. 4.) Help people get real about their stress, mess and drama so they can breakthrough the inner roadblocks that hold them back. Read more…
Who: Cynamin Jones
What: Soul Pitch Media Branding, NYC
Why:Soul Pitch Media is a full-service Branding, Image, Marketing & Public Relations firm specializing in the realm of the music, fashion and entertainment business. We are the resource for developing media presence and elevating brand awareness for the company’s product images. A brand is a company’s face to the world and we work directly with the clients to effectively communicate its positioning in an instant..Soul Pitch Media finesses the lifestyle of a marketing mix crossing borders and capturing the attention of the knowledgeable. We create concepts to maximize the entertainment lifestyle, bringing the urban street consciousness to the core corporate industry. The best we can do is to focus on the niche market for your product. We are the streets, the boardroom and the image. Our goal is to execute and strategically market a product and manifest the vision! Read more…
- Aretha Franklin To Hit TheNewsNerd.com with a Ten Million Dollar Lawsuit
- Termanology “The Mecca” feat Reks
- Smoke DZA Talks Getting Arrested w/ French Montana and More via Cipha Sounds’ Hip Hop Improv TAKE IT PERSONAL
- August Alsina ft. Fabolous “Get Ya Money”
- Bars in the Booth – Dres (Session 2)
- Reks x Hazardis Soundz – Hold Your Applause
- Learn Life’s Lessons!
- Entertainment One Music’s Erica Campbell, James Fortune, and More Continue to Heat Up Billboard and Gospel Radio Charts!
- Karen Clark Sheard Hosts International Summit
- The Style Makers Pilot – J. Alexander Martin, Meda and Alisha
- The Kennedys – Supreme
- The Gershwins’ Porgy & Bess Revival Heads To Los Angeles
- Soca Star Farmer Nappy Launches New Album ‘Big People Party’ in New York City
- Dizzy Wright Releasing State of Mind EP on April 15th
- Wintermission – Connor Evans
Top Posts & Pages
- Recap On Kandi Burruss' A Mother's Love
- Dizzy Wright Releasing State of Mind EP on April 15th
- Oprah Winfrey Speaks with Pharrell Williams on "Oprah Prime" This Sunday @ 9pm ET/PT on OWN
- Philanthropist And Cancer Survivor Tiffany Jones To Star In New Oprah Winfrey Network Docu Series
- August Alsina ft. Fabolous "Get Ya Money"
- Legendary Dance/Rap Group "Oaktown's 357" Tells All in Dec Issue of Sister 2 Sister Mag.
- KEVIN GATES Nearly Doubles His First Week Sales Record With New Mixtape BY ANY MEANS
- Kandi Presents The Second Annual Bedroom Kandi Boutique Parties Convention
- Karen Clark Sheard Hosts International Summit
- J-Love & Whyz Ruler - Misled
- @GeorgeLetrell Yessir! 1 hour ago
- Termanology "The Mecca" feat Reks ow.ly/vRj76 1 hour ago
- ‘People should have to put up with me because I have to put up with myself’ #CEDisms 2 hours ago
- To my REAL Hip Hop fans, you MUST see and hear this! Bars in the Booth – Dres (Session 2) Shouts to @DresBlacksheep ow.ly/vR9dG 3 hours ago
- Smoke DZA Talks Getting Arrested w/ French Montana and More via Cipha Sounds' Hip Hop Improv TAKE IT PERSONAL ow.ly/vR75S 3 hours ago
- August Alsina ft. Fabolous "Get Ya Money" ow.ly/vQZ9Z 3 hours ago
- Tonight, April 16th, Come celebrate with The Rock Brothers-Kenny and Andre at M1-5 cache.nebula.phx3.secureserver.net/obj/QUQ2RTQzRU… 4 hours ago
- @GeorgeLetrell Ha ha! That's your old Juice buddy!!! lol 16 hours ago
- Bars in the Booth - Dres (Session 2) ow.ly/vPEO7 18 hours ago
- RT @Aries_HC: #Aries are dynamic, dazing, and daring lovers. 19 hours ago
- Reks x Hazardis Soundz - Hold Your Applause ow.ly/vPBAo 19 hours ago
- Damian Lillard Lands Reported $100 Million Sneaker Deal with Adidas ow.ly/vPj3O 22 hours ago
- Ever Want to 'Unsend' an Email? Now You Can. entrepreneur.com/article/233088 via @EntMagazine 1 day ago
- Thursday, April 17th, Come celebrate with Kiambu Zawadi and Raynesa and Ramona Mitchell at Negril Village! cache.nebula.phx3.secureserver.net/obj/QUQ2RTQzRU… 1 day ago
- @ThePatReevesRpt Of course I charge!! 1 day ago
- Nicole Chaplin’s 5 Tips to Staying Fit ow.ly/vOSgh 1 day ago
- Sometimes you just have to know when to give up..... #CEDisms 1 day ago
- Naughty by Nature Rapper Treach Released from NJ Jail ow.ly/vOyic 1 day ago
- Learn Life's Lessons! ow.ly/vOxJ0 1 day ago
- Baltimore African American Festival: 10 Facts of Performer Brandy ow.ly/vOsp9 1 day ago