dead prez Sign With Krian Music Group For Release of Anticipated New Album, ‘Information Age’
KRIAN MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCES SIGNING OF REVOLUTIONARYHIP-HOP DUO, DEAD PREZ
Release of Information Age Is First Album In Over 8 Years
(New York, NY- September 27, 2012) – Krian Music Group, a full service independent record label based in New York City, announces the signing of socially conscious and provocative hip-hop duo, dead prez. The new album, Information Age, will be available digitally on October 16, 2012 and slated for a physical release on January 22, 2013.
For over a decade, dead prez have been signed with top independent publishing company, The Royalty Network. When dead prez decided to work with a record label, they entrusted their first album in eight years to Krian Music Group, launched in 2011 by Royalty Network Founder, Frank Liwall.
On Information Age, dead prez, individually known as M-1 and stic.man, embark on their politically driven, revolutionary and eye-opening missive about hot button topics such as government control, health care and economic class. It is no coincidence that Krian is releasing the album digitally before the upcoming Presidential election.
“We feel very positive about our joint venture with Krian. We’ve had a great relationship with Royalty network for many years,” remarked dead prez. “Dead prez has always prided ourselves on our independence and integrity and we were able to form a partnership with Krian that can appreciate what dead prez’ significance to the culture is and has the capabilities to help us reach bigger goals with the Information Age album around the world. Team work makes the dream work!”
“A New Beginning,” the lead single, is a modern hip-hop track, which speaks to the evolution of our society due to the environmental, economic and social shifts presently taking place.
On Information Age, dead prez are once again raising their voices about social issues that plague society as they continue to lead the pack of the politically conscious side of hip-hop, as they have since their debut album, 2000’s critically acclaimed Let’s Get Free.
“After working closely with M-1 and Stic for more than 10 years as their publishing Administrator, we’ve developed a very close and unique bond,” stated Frank Liwall, President of Royalty Network and Krian Music Group, “so now being in a position to release their first album in 8 years, on our label, is an absolute privilege and honor. One that could only come through the years of working together.”
About Krian Music Group
Krian Music Group is a full service independent record label group based in New York City. The label mission is to fully support, develop, protect and collect on behalf of our artists. Across a diverse genre of music, we work to further artists’ long-term careers by finding new and exciting opportunities for their commercial success across multiple platforms with the ability to provide a solid foundation for that growth. www.krianmuscgroup.com
- Dana Says Tana Says- Season 3: Cali Living 1
- JASON NELSON TO RELEASE NEW LIVE ALBUM ON JANUARY 20
- TRAKSTREAM – THE SEARCH ENGINE FOR MUSIC CREATORS
- BET Networks Commemorates Black History Month with Its First-Ever Miniseries “The Book of Negroes” Premiering Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8 PM ET/PT
- Beyond The Lens: The Young OG Project Trailer
- Android Commands 83 Percent of the Smartphone Market
- JOELL ORTIZ x IGGY AZALEA – Beg For It (YaowaNation.com Mix)
- Nickelodeon Launches Nick Jr. App Featuring Hit Preschool Content, Interactive Educational Activities, and TV Everywhere
- Is It Worth It ? (Gun Man World) by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley
- AINT HARD TO TELL- CHRIS RIVERS
- DEVON FRANKLIN CELEBRATES THE ANNIE NEW YORK PREMIERE
- Ava DuVernay Becomes First African American Woman Nominated for Best Director Golden Globe | ‘Middle of Nowhere’ on DVD & Digital Jan. 13th
- Your Will is YOUR Way! – Daily Word December 11, 2014
- GRENCO SCIENCE ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH TAYLOR GANG ENT.
- COLUMBIA RECORDS, FX AND TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION PARTNER PRESENT MUSIC FROM FINAL SEASON OF “SONS OF ANARCHY”
Top Posts & Pages
- Legendary Dance/Rap Group "Oaktown's 357" Tells All in Dec Issue of Sister 2 Sister Mag.
- Marques Houston Talks LDB & Fall Out w/ Omarion
- MTV “MAKING THE BAND 2” Star CHOPPER CITY set to release new single “1 Thang” feat. Magnolia Chop
- It Pops Off with BGC Tanisha Thomas, Paula Hellens, & Stephanie George inside Us Restaurant!
- Vodkila Launch Takes Over New York City
- 25th Anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Album BAD25 Celebrated With 9/18 Release Featuring Pitball, Afro Jack and More
- Brian Courtney Wilson's New CD Project, SO PROUD In Stores February 7, 2012
- NYC Black Dentist, Oral Health/ Diabetes Panel
- Philanthropist And Cancer Survivor Tiffany Jones To Star In New Oprah Winfrey Network Docu Series
- 2015 Tom Joyner Foundation "Full Ride" Scholarship
- Chi Ali - One More Time ft. $$$Muga, Wxrdman ow.ly/TeOTA 5 hours ago
- The Demoralization of Modern Society theindustrycosign.com/it-needs-to-be… 9 hours ago
- My best RTs this week came from: @BruseWane @benoriginal @dbi_muzik @TheAIProjex #thankSAll Who were yours? sumall.com/thankyou 14 hours ago
- It Needs to Be CED: The Demoralization of Modern Society ow.ly/Td6Ph 17 hours ago
- Rick Ross feat. Chris Brown- Sorry ow.ly/TcL0Y 20 hours ago
- RT @leroyjackson276: @bigced make sure to turn them all on to kharidigital.com. we need to link next time I'm in NY 20 hours ago
- Wiz Khalifa's vibe.com/2015/10/wiz-kh… 1 day ago
- Farmer Nappy Blazes with New Hit "Rental" ow.ly/Tb9Ck 1 day ago
- TINASHE ✘ MONTREALITY ➥ Interview ow.ly/Tb5vC 1 day ago
- DAX (of MPIRE) feat. NUTSO & KAESON "WE LUV IT" ow.ly/Tb1rT 1 day ago
- RT @skyzoo: Brooklyn: Tonite I'm at BRIC TV for an intimate show & convo. Free tix available at bricartsmedia.org. 7:30pm http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @ariesscopehere: #Aries are spiteful; you hurt them, they'll forgive. But they will make sure you feel the pain you gave them. 1 day ago
- Simone Smalls of Simone Smalls PR is Featured theindustrycosign.com/the-industry-c… 1 day ago
- Good morning! 1 day ago
- 5 Questions With.... Linnette Harrigan ow.ly/T8AmM 2 days ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 5 New Followers, 14 Mentions, 42.6K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 days ago
- theindustrycosign.com/nafeesa-monroe… 2 days ago
- SPNDA "Passenger 57" ow.ly/T7ams 2 days ago
- @dbi_muzik Yessir 2 days ago
- RT @ariesscopehere: #Aries sarcasm can walk such a thin line between real/kidding, funny/harsh that they immediately have to tell people th… 2 days ago