Iconic Rapper Big Daddy Kane Lends His Voice…
|Iconic Rapper Big Daddy Kane
Lends His Voice with 15-year old singer Alissa Cavallaro
“Don’t be Pushed Around”
single set for May 2014 Release
New York, NY – April 29, 2014 – 15-year old Alissa Cavallaro (Singer) and iconic rapper Big Daddy Kane has announced their anti-bullying collaboration
“Don’t Be Pushed Around.”
Together the singer and rapper have created a musical journey of positive, pulsating lyrics ensuring the listener’s confidence and giving voice to young people who often feel helpless. The single “The Journey Isn’t Over” will go on sale through Battle Records – E 1 Entertainment Distribution, iTunes, CD Baby and other online outlets May 2014.
Every day, young people are chastised and belittled by their peers, leaving an indelible mark on their education and social experiences. Proceeds from the sales of the recording will benefit Suicide Prevention & Awareness Program / Sing into the Sunlight Organization.
Young Alissa stands on the shoulders of this legendary rapper and wants to encourage her peers to “dare to be different” and find security in what sets them apart; and “Don’t Be Pushed Around.” Alissa will tour elementary and high schools during the remainder of this academic school year and summer months to announce the campaign “Don’t Be Pushed Around”
Also, Alissa is working in tandem with Attitude Apparel Inc. and their design team to create a limited edition of “Don’t Be Pushed Around” collection of bold and edgy t-shirts, hats and accessories. “Don’t Be Pushed Around” products will be available for purchase at Attitude Apparel Inc. kiosks at each tour stop as well as on Alissa’s and Attitude Apparel Inc.’s websites.
The Anti Bullying campaign seeks to:
Encourage students to take pride in their individuality
Create comfortable environments to discuss peer pressure
Share conflict resolution and anger management methods
How to stand-up for yourself and others
Lend a hand and save a child
About Suicide Prevention
Mental illness can happen to anybody regardless of age, culture, race, gender, ethnicity, economic status or location. Today, mental health struggles are a leading impediment to academic success among college students. Mental health affects relationships, academics, success and overall well-being. Yet because of lack of education and an unnecessary shame that surrounds the issues, mental health is not discussed and too many students are suffering in silence.
The average age of onset of most mental health disorders is 18-24. 1,100 college students die by suicide each year making it the 2nd leading cause of death on college campuses. 44% of college students report having felt so depressed in the past year it was difficult to function. 2/3 of students who need help don’t receive it.
About Attitude Apparel Inc.
Born in beautiful Brooklyn, New York Attitude Apparel Inc. began as a concept; a concept that clothing can inspire creativity, intelligence, and greatness. All items created by Attitude Apparel Inc. are inspired by the art, sound, smell, taste, and feel of what is beautiful New York City. We are a new company with big goals. We want to inspire the world to create beautiful art and fill the world with joy and creativity! Each of our products has been designed by artists within the company with the intention to inspire others to do the same. Attitudeclothingbrand.com
About the artist: Alissa Cavallaro, since the tender age of nine, music has been young Alissa’s passion. Since that time, it has become her destiny. Self-described as “weird,” she accomplished an almost superhuman feat, winning the Amateur Night competition at the infamous Apollo Theater in New York City at age nine. Alissa Cavallaro.com
- Dana Says Tana Says- Season 3: Cali Living 1
- JASON NELSON TO RELEASE NEW LIVE ALBUM ON JANUARY 20
- TRAKSTREAM – THE SEARCH ENGINE FOR MUSIC CREATORS
- BET Networks Commemorates Black History Month with Its First-Ever Miniseries “The Book of Negroes” Premiering Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8 PM ET/PT
- Beyond The Lens: The Young OG Project Trailer
- Android Commands 83 Percent of the Smartphone Market
- JOELL ORTIZ x IGGY AZALEA – Beg For It (YaowaNation.com Mix)
- Nickelodeon Launches Nick Jr. App Featuring Hit Preschool Content, Interactive Educational Activities, and TV Everywhere
- Is It Worth It ? (Gun Man World) by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley
- AINT HARD TO TELL- CHRIS RIVERS
- DEVON FRANKLIN CELEBRATES THE ANNIE NEW YORK PREMIERE
- Ava DuVernay Becomes First African American Woman Nominated for Best Director Golden Globe | ‘Middle of Nowhere’ on DVD & Digital Jan. 13th
- Your Will is YOUR Way! – Daily Word December 11, 2014
- GRENCO SCIENCE ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH TAYLOR GANG ENT.
- COLUMBIA RECORDS, FX AND TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION PARTNER PRESENT MUSIC FROM FINAL SEASON OF “SONS OF ANARCHY”
Top Posts & Pages
- Atlanta's Newest Female Rap Duo TAYLOR GIRLZ Releases Debut Single 'BANG BANG'
- Legendary Dance/Rap Group "Oaktown's 357" Tells All in Dec Issue of Sister 2 Sister Mag.
- Philanthropist And Cancer Survivor Tiffany Jones To Star In New Oprah Winfrey Network Docu Series
- Eminem Berzerk, Kanye Rant, DMX Naked, Nicki Minaj Sex Pics
- Covergirl Rosa Acosta Celebrates In That Dress!
- Jim Jones and Top Pop Soda Launch Vamp Berry! In Stores Holloween!
- The Scoop on Bubbles, Lather and Foam
- PNC Radio Announces Executive Movement
- 5 Problems with Drake's 'Take Care' Album Cover
- GRAMMY-NOMINATED MOTOWN GOSPEL RECORDING ARTIST ANITA WILSON BRINGS MUSIC FROM HER NEW ALBUM, VINTAGE WORSHIP, TO MUSIC CITY USA
- Evan Barlow 'Survival of The Fittest' ow.ly/CeZT304APhR 21 hours ago
- Evan Barlow ‘Survival of The Fittest’ itneedstobeced.com/evan-barlow-su… https://t.co/w7zzo3YQAG 21 hours ago
- ow.ly/9Fvf304AOhp 'Kevin Hart Presents: Hart of the City' Premieres October 2 21 hours ago
- ‘Kevin Hart Presents: Hart of the City’ Premieres October 2 itneedstobeced.com/kevin-hart-pre… https://t.co/Qb2982KxsJ 21 hours ago
- SoulOfAmerica.com Spotlights Local Black Museums itneedstobeced.com/soulofamerica-… https://t.co/BKUzF0xKrJ 22 hours ago
- Diggy - FEEL LIKE ow.ly/C2Yb304AF74 https://t.co/T4DnVVvqa2 1 day ago
- Diggy – FEEL LIKE itneedstobeced.com/diggy-feel-lik… https://t.co/u6gbuvhnci 1 day ago
- Andy Mineo - Hear My Heart ow.ly/5Zhh304zBcF 1 day ago
- Andy Mineo – Hear My Heart itneedstobeced.com/andy-mineo-hea… https://t.co/H0wNoBUc8J 1 day ago
- Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite X BLACKsummers'night X 12" Reissues | It Needs To Be CED itneedstobeced.com/maxwells-urban… 1 day ago
- Big Lez itneedstobeced.com/testimonial/bi… 1 day ago
- @SparrowOnTheEye @MattMurph24 It's sad... 1 day ago
- Donald Trump either lied under oath or during a debate - NY Daily News nydailynews.com/news/politics/… 2 days ago
- Trump Is a Lazy Idiot, Trump Campaign Tells New York Times nymag.com/daily/intellig… 2 days ago
- Police officer charged with fabricating story that black man shot her a.msn.com/r/2/BBwyRoK?m=… 2 days ago
- #CEDisms instagram.com/p/BKx1T1RDemk/ 2 days ago
- Police have trouble finding new recruits usat.ly/2d77SuB via @usatoday 3 days ago
- #CEDisms instagram.com/p/BKvkid2jdyY/ 3 days ago
- DoitAll Is..... Legendary | It Needs To Be CED itneedstobeced.com/doitall-is-leg… 4 days ago
- Johnny Depp's Tupac-Biggie thriller Labyrinth acquired by Open Road EW.com ew.com/article/2016/0… 4 days ago