5 Questions With….. Tynicka Battle
When we were youngsters and felt as if we could conquer the world, we dreamed, we fantasized, we set personal goals–even if they were unrealistic at the time, we still had them. As we got older, we still dreamed, but our goals became more realistic as we learned how the world actually operates.
So, how does a young lady with a B.A. in psychology from Rutgers University get to run a woman-owned boutique digital media agency in Manhattan? How does she become a savvy marketer for interactive campaigns for small startups as well as major companies like Pepsi, Sears/Kmart, Universal Music Group, and the Census Bureau? Didn’t she go to school to study matters of the mind?
Well, Tynicka Battle still uses her psychology degree, even as she specializes in social media analytics and strategy. After all, she still deals with people.
- What is ThinkTank Digital, what made you start the company and what type of clients do you have and cater to?
ThinkTank Digital is a woman owned digital marketing agency. We specialize in data analysis, digital advertising, social media strategy and awareness for our entertainment, consumer packaged goods and government agency clients.
- What drives you to do the type of work that you do and what are your expectations for the future?
We celebrated our 8th anniversary in January of this year. Working with a great team and clients who are not afraid to take risks is what keeps us going. Digital media best practices change every 4.76 seconds but working with teams who are passionate about providing solutions for our clients made these years fly by. My expectation for the next 5 years is to grow our analysis and statistics work for government agencies. ThinkTank was recently SBA 8(a) and WOSB certified. That means that we can compete for government contracts set aside for small businesses like ours, expanding on the work we do for the Department of Health & Human Services and the US Census Bureau.
- How does a Psychology Major end up running a digital media agency and do you utilize what you’ve learned in college for the type of work you do?
Absolutely, my Psychology degree helps a lot. Honestly, I don’t think I realized that when I started in Marketing back in 1998. Understanding why users do what they do across digital media, what compels them to engage or take action is psychology. When you think of it that way, it’s that much easier to help drive conversions and analyze user data.
- With all you’ve seen in your line of work, what do you feel is the next ‘thing’ as far as companies getting their message and/or product to the audience/consumers, if there is a thing?
Ooh, this is in writing so I gotta be careful 😉 We’ve already seen a move toward very content-heavy awareness. Users are increasingly savvy and discerning, they crave well produced media in every form and won’t settle for less. There will soon be a new social media platform du jour, On Demand content will evolve, wearable devices will evolve but what will STAY the same is truth. You stay true to your brand and say what people want to hear, the way they want to hear it and it won’t matter the medium. You win.
- Do you have any business goals that haven’t been reached yet and if not, when do you anticipate doing so and when done, will higher/other goals be set?
Umm, is it a goal to not worry so much? My goal is to do a lot less of that. Several times a year since we launched ThinkTank I worry about our goals and the next steps we’ve planned. Are we going in the right direction? When exactly will I be able to pay my house off? Well I won’t know by worrying all the time. Just DO. Then assess and do again. Worry never helped anyone get anywhere. And one last thing. You interviewed me back in the 90s and I joked about how I resented people who wished me a blessed day, that I’d rather they wished me a blessed life, or wished that I discovered a winning lottery ticket! I was being silly. In hindsight I was a entirely too irreverent. Faith and grace got me here and has seen me through all of life’s ups and downs. So go ahead and wish me a blessed day, I don’t mind anymore. And thank you Ced for your continued support. Have a blessed day 😉
- Dana Says Tana Says- Season 3: Cali Living 1
- JASON NELSON TO RELEASE NEW LIVE ALBUM ON JANUARY 20
- TRAKSTREAM – THE SEARCH ENGINE FOR MUSIC CREATORS
- BET Networks Commemorates Black History Month with Its First-Ever Miniseries “The Book of Negroes” Premiering Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8 PM ET/PT
- Beyond The Lens: The Young OG Project Trailer
- Android Commands 83 Percent of the Smartphone Market
- JOELL ORTIZ x IGGY AZALEA – Beg For It (YaowaNation.com Mix)
- Nickelodeon Launches Nick Jr. App Featuring Hit Preschool Content, Interactive Educational Activities, and TV Everywhere
- Is It Worth It ? (Gun Man World) by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley
- AINT HARD TO TELL- CHRIS RIVERS
- DEVON FRANKLIN CELEBRATES THE ANNIE NEW YORK PREMIERE
- Ava DuVernay Becomes First African American Woman Nominated for Best Director Golden Globe | ‘Middle of Nowhere’ on DVD & Digital Jan. 13th
- Your Will is YOUR Way! – Daily Word December 11, 2014
- GRENCO SCIENCE ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH TAYLOR GANG ENT.
- COLUMBIA RECORDS, FX AND TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION PARTNER PRESENT MUSIC FROM FINAL SEASON OF “SONS OF ANARCHY”
Top Posts & Pages
- Atlanta's Newest Female Rap Duo TAYLOR GIRLZ Releases Debut Single 'BANG BANG'
- Marques Houston Talks LDB & Fall Out w/ Omarion
- THINK IT'S A GAME OWNER G "FLY" HENRY CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY IN ATLANTA
- Legendary Dance/Rap Group "Oaktown's 357" Tells All in Dec Issue of Sister 2 Sister Mag.
- LALAH HATHAWAY'S "WHERE IT ALL BEGINS"- PRESS TOUR
- HEALTH AWARENESS NOW!
- SNOW THA PRODUCT EMBARKS ON FIRST EVER NATIONAL HEADLINING TOUR;
- TV One Launches "Are You That Girl?" Mall Takeover Tour to Find the Ultimate "Imunique"
- Hollywood Leading Man Pens Novel, Heads Out on Book Tour
- KATCHAFIRE'S GREATEST HITS ALBUM BEST SO FAR AVAILABLE NOW ONLINE AND IN STORES NEXT WEEK MAY 21
- Izzy The DJ ft. Slim$o 'Run Thru Yo City' ow.ly/3T2N309ehf1 1 day ago
- Izzy The DJ ft. Slim$o ‘Run Thru Yo City’ itneedstobeced.com/izzy-the-dj-sl… https://t.co/DsymgC433l 1 day ago
- Good evening folks... 1 day ago
- Spyderman24 ‘Scotchy Boi 100’ Ft Shawty Lo itneedstobeced.com/spyderman24-sc… https://t.co/0WoKfJIuz1 2 days ago
- Flip Major ft. Quavo - Take A Look ow.ly/aiPa309b7NE https://t.co/7IxnPDrML9 2 days ago
- #CEDisms instagram.com/p/BQvcCt3gOTe/ 2 days ago
- Flip Major ft. Quavo – Take A Look itneedstobeced.com/flip-major-qua… https://t.co/2izTXQ5rN1 2 days ago
- Maino & Uncle Murda (Suicide Squad) 'Gang Gang' ow.ly/QxS4309b2lt https://t.co/wnvpKPVrTk 2 days ago
- Maino & Uncle Murda (Suicide Squad) ‘Gang Gang’ itneedstobeced.com/maino-uncle-mu… https://t.co/uQa1VnUmlw 2 days ago
- Serena Williams And Muhammad Ali To Receive Jesse Owens Awards ow.ly/AEUP3099KxQ 3 days ago
- #CEDisms instagram.com/p/BQt0xV7Afiv/ 3 days ago
- Serena Williams And Muhammad Ali To Receive Jesse Owens Awards itneedstobeced.com/serena-william… https://t.co/OITwUxNpfC 3 days ago
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller Keeps Making History itneedstobeced.com/michael-jackso… https://t.co/OjsFpBFQ2x 3 days ago
- Problem - Aint Fuh Me ow.ly/hNk23099jn1 https://t.co/cnFOjlZ6nj 3 days ago
- Problem – Aint Fuh Me itneedstobeced.com/problem-aint-f… https://t.co/PU9sRrgcs3 3 days ago
- Fat Joe & Remy Ma - Plata O Plomo ow.ly/2cAf3099cpj https://t.co/ZdnNiKHZuH 3 days ago
- Fat Joe & Remy Ma – Plata O Plomo itneedstobeced.com/fat-joe-remy-m… https://t.co/K0vhdOYGrj 3 days ago
- Just Give Up Already! - Daily Word ow.ly/LVrk3099aJi https://t.co/hrhlxUiXIC 3 days ago
- Just Give Up Already! – Daily Word itneedstobeced.com/just-give-up-a… https://t.co/aKQIWsvgV6 3 days ago
- Good morning folks... 4 days ago