When we were youngsters and felt as if we could conquer the world, we dreamed, we fantasized, we set personal goals–even if they were unrealistic at the time, we still had them. As we got older, we still dreamed, but our goals became more realistic as we learned how the world actually operates.
So, how does a young lady with a B.A. in psychology from Rutgers University get to run a woman-owned boutique digital media agency in Manhattan? How does she become a savvy marketer for interactive campaigns for small startups as well as major companies like Pepsi, Sears/Kmart, Universal Music Group, and the Census Bureau? Didn’t she go to school to study matters of the mind?
Well, Tynicka Battle still uses her psychology degree, even as she specializes in social media analytics and strategy. After all, she still deals with people.
- What is ThinkTank Digital, what made you start the company and what type of clients do you have and cater to?
Thrive Media Names Octavia Bostick, VP West Coast Sales, PR/Media Relations
Public Relations professional and CEO of Ballyhoo PR, Octavia Bostick has been appointed the position of VP of West Coast Sales, PR/Media Relations for the brand management company Thrive Media.
Thrive Media is leading the way in brand creation, development, and management: and specialize in creating and managing brand value through digital media, creative advertising, and compelling market strategies.
With over 15 years experience as a PR professional, Octavia will bring forth exciting new creative concepts and campaigns to maximize the branding opportunities for Thrive Media’s multitude of brands.
“I’m thrilled to be working with such a creative group of experienced professionals whose priority is to build buzz worthy brand opportunities and produce amazing events to enhance client objectives. We have some amazing projects on the table and I look forward to thriving with my new team.” Read more…
BLACK ECONOMIC SUMMIT SLATED FOR MAY 31-JUNE 1, 2013 IN COLORADO; ECONOMIST DR. JULIANNE MALVEAUX TO KEYNOTE LUNCHEON
Denver, CO (BlackNews.com) — The Mountain Region Black Economic Summit has announced the 8th Annual MRBES Success Summit & Expo to be held on May 31 and June 1 at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. The theme is “Inform, Inspire, Imagine!”
The summit, which seeks to improve the economic standing of minority communities, is the only event of its kind in the mountain states. More than 750 people are expected to attend.
MRBES Executive Director Carla Ladd, who has forged unique collaborations for an information-packed summit, says, “We have booked highly-respected nonprofit and corporate professionals to facilitate a host of panels, workshops and seminars addressing topics from social media business etiquette to how to empower women for ministry.” Read more…
By Denene Millner
The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that Facebook is preparing a membership option for children under age 13—a new feature that would allow kids access to the social network with their parents’ permission and supervision. The kids’ accounts would be linked to their parents’ pages, allowing parents to control who their children add as friends and which apps they use.
Of course, a “Baby Facebook” would add, like, a bazillion more users to Facebook’s 900 million user base. And, of course, open the social media giant up to all kinds of advertising and marketing goodness in the lucrative children’s market. Read more…
By Torrance Stephens
I first signed up for Twitter in 2006. I used it rarely as a means of contacting other bloggers. I left it alone for a while because all I shared was what I read in newspapers and my blog post. I didn’t like it at the time because in order to do such, I had to copy and paste, and that was time consuming. At first I followed other bloggers, but as the social outlet evolved, I began to follow less people and more news sources, publications and outlets. I really got involved when the tweet meme became prevalent and more common, allowing me to share what I read, as I did initially without actually going on twitter just by clicking on a little green button.
Twitter is a valuable tool and fits into the premonitions proffered by Gil Scott Heron when he orated that “You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and skip, /Skip out for beer during commercials, /because the revolution will not be televised.” For if there is to be another revolution, we have already seen the impact social media like twitter can play. In Egypt for example findings from the newly released second edition of the Arab Social Media Report by the Dubai School of Government provided empirical data that Twitter as well as facebook “abetted if not enabled the historic region-wide uprisings of early 2011.” Not to forget that use of social networking sites assisted in helping activist organize and bring attention to efforts that eventually led to the destruction of decades of autocratic rule in Egypt and Tunisia and publicity to public malcontent pertaining to the regimes in Syria, Libya, Yemen and Bahrain. Read more…
by Cherese L. Jackson
An impression is an effect produced on the senses, mind or emotions. Something that denotes an engraved mark or figure. No matter who you are, you have at some point in time purchased products based on their brand; items such as clothing, sneakers, electronics and even food to name a few. In other words you have made decisions among competing brands while ultimately choosing some brands over others because of an impression even before an actual experience.
What does this all mean? As an individual, you must acknowledge that you are a brand. And who better to market your personal brand than you. This means that at the end of the day, the success of your personal brand lies in your hands.
Even though your appearance is a part of your impression it’s not the only thing, which matters. Your impression means your overall personality and it consists of the following:
- The way you carry yourself
- The way your dress
- The way you express yourself
- Your mannerism
- Your behavior Read more…
Who: Fiona Bloom
What: The Bloom Effect
Why: Wanted to fill a much needed void in Artist Development since there isn’t any— My agency offers several services. Like to call it a One Stop Shop.
Specialty and focus is Unsigned and Independent Artists as they’re the ones who really need the nurturing/guidance.
We provide PR both online and traditional
*Show Production/Bookings/Touring consultation
*Social Media Training
We help you BLOOM….
Where: Brooklyn, NY
When: Established Oct 15th, 2007 Read more…
Who: Cassandra Mack
What: Strategies for Empowered Living
Why: Strategies for Empowered Living Inc., is a New York based human development company created to help people succeed in their endeavors and grow to their fullest potential. Our mission is to motivate, encourage and inspire individuals to rise to their potential, succeed in spite of life’s challenges and shine their light of influence and impact in their own unique way. We do four things: 1.) Create publications and products that inspire growth and help people create the change that they are seeking. 2.) Produce and participate in personal and professional development workshops, seminars and other empowering events designed to help individuals and organizations get from where they are to where they want to be. 3.)Offer coaching programs that help people reach their goals in a more targeted, authentic and accelerated way. 4.) Help people get real about their stress, mess and drama so they can breakthrough the inner roadblocks that hold them back. Read more…
Who: Cynamin Jones
What: Soul Pitch Media Branding, NYC
Why:Soul Pitch Media is a full-service Branding, Image, Marketing & Public Relations firm specializing in the realm of the music, fashion and entertainment business. We are the resource for developing media presence and elevating brand awareness for the company’s product images. A brand is a company’s face to the world and we work directly with the clients to effectively communicate its positioning in an instant..Soul Pitch Media finesses the lifestyle of a marketing mix crossing borders and capturing the attention of the knowledgeable. We create concepts to maximize the entertainment lifestyle, bringing the urban street consciousness to the core corporate industry. The best we can do is to focus on the niche market for your product. We are the streets, the boardroom and the image. Our goal is to execute and strategically market a product and manifest the vision! Read more…
- Dana Says Tana Says- Season 3: Cali Living 1
- JASON NELSON TO RELEASE NEW LIVE ALBUM ON JANUARY 20
- TRAKSTREAM – THE SEARCH ENGINE FOR MUSIC CREATORS
- BET Networks Commemorates Black History Month with Its First-Ever Miniseries “The Book of Negroes” Premiering Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8 PM ET/PT
- Beyond The Lens: The Young OG Project Trailer
- Android Commands 83 Percent of the Smartphone Market
- JOELL ORTIZ x IGGY AZALEA – Beg For It (YaowaNation.com Mix)
- Nickelodeon Launches Nick Jr. App Featuring Hit Preschool Content, Interactive Educational Activities, and TV Everywhere
- Is It Worth It ? (Gun Man World) by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley
- AINT HARD TO TELL- CHRIS RIVERS
- DEVON FRANKLIN CELEBRATES THE ANNIE NEW YORK PREMIERE
- Ava DuVernay Becomes First African American Woman Nominated for Best Director Golden Globe | ‘Middle of Nowhere’ on DVD & Digital Jan. 13th
- Your Will is YOUR Way! – Daily Word December 11, 2014
- GRENCO SCIENCE ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH TAYLOR GANG ENT.
- COLUMBIA RECORDS, FX AND TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION PARTNER PRESENT MUSIC FROM FINAL SEASON OF “SONS OF ANARCHY”
Top Posts & Pages
- Marques Houston Talks LDB & Fall Out w/ Omarion
- MTV “MAKING THE BAND 2” Star CHOPPER CITY set to release new single “1 Thang” feat. Magnolia Chop
- The Femi Allen Wasserman Interview
- Legendary Dance/Rap Group "Oaktown's 357" Tells All in Dec Issue of Sister 2 Sister Mag.
- Exclusive book excerpts from Reverend Al Sharpton's forthcoming book The Rejected Stone in The New York Daily News
- BCT Partners Announces Merger with Lynx Technology Partners
- NFL LEGEND WARREN MOON, ESPN PERSONALITY MARCELLUS WILEY AND ACADEMY- AWARD® WINNING PRODUCER MARK JOHNSON COME TOGETHER TO CO- CHAIR ‘IMPACT NIGERIA’ -GEANCO FOUNDATION’S THIRD ANNUAL HOLLYWOOD FUNDRAISER
- Little Black Girls With Natural Hair: Lessons On Touching, Rocking and Loving Kinks & Curls
- SHY GLIZZY RELEASES LAW 3 MIXTAPE HOSTED BY DJ DRAMA
- Corinne Bailey Rae- 'I Wanted to Start a Natural Hair Site'!
- Nicki Minaj Announces Dates For THE PINKPRINT TOUR theindustrycosign.com/nicki-minaj-an… 13 hours ago
- Thinking- Kloke ow.ly/NlrXl 13 hours ago
- Wiz Khalifa & Fall Out Boy Tour This Summer theindustrycosign.com/wiz-khalifa-fa… 16 hours ago
- ‘I don’t get involved, people involve me’ #CEDisms 17 hours ago
- ProbCause to Join Lil Dicky on Prelude To Summer Tour ow.ly/NkIUW 20 hours ago
- Bryson Tiller - "Don't" ow.ly/NkHtk 20 hours ago
- Richie Stacks "Wet Dreams" ow.ly/NkGlb 20 hours ago
- A.E- KILLAfornia ft. YG & Mila J ow.ly/NjQVA 1 day ago
- My best RTs this week came from: @Sensere @KLPRGroup @muzikscribe @beforeyoubank #thankSAll Who were yours? sumall.com/thankyou 1 day ago
- It Needs To Be CED: Are We Truly Masters of Our Fate? ow.ly/NiFUE 1 day ago
- @meccamoore #PynkGirlsCare Partners with The Kids League ow.ly/Ngyhe 2 days ago
- #PynkGirlsCare Partners with The Kids League ow.ly/Ngx1c 2 days ago
- Down 2 Earth - Powers ft. Simmi ow.ly/NgtQL 2 days ago
- Troy Ave – Doo Doo ow.ly/NglJZ 2 days ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 16 Mentions, 20.9K Mention Reach, 10 Retweets. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 days ago
- @OHPsalms The Industry Cosign Spotlight: Omar ‘The Big O’ Hamilton theindustrycosign.com/the-industry-c… 2 days ago
- The Industry Cosign Spotlight: Omar 'The Big O' Hamilton ow.ly/Nf9Fu 2 days ago
- Todd Dulaney - The Anthem ow.ly/NeSHP 2 days ago
- AsOne To Release Self-Titled Debut Album June 23rd ow.ly/NeOb6 2 days ago
- Michelle Williams, Erica Campbell and Deitrick Haddon Garner BET Award Nominations ow.ly/NeL5H 2 days ago